According to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine № 1541 of 01.11.2013 starting from January 1st, 2014 new admission rules to the Ukrainian educational institutions for the foreign citizens were adopted.
If the foreign citizen wants to come to Ukraine with educational purposes he/she has to obtain official invitation. For this purpose he/she has to prepare and give to the selected educational institution the following documents (translated into Ukrainian):
- Motivation letter;
- The copy of a passport or any other identification document;
- The copy of document proving his previous education and showing his academic records, or an academic reference letter;
- The copy of a document showing the results of an independent testing (if applicable);
- Written consent to the processing of personal data;
- A copy of the certificate of completion of the pre-academic preparatory department (if available).
After analyzing the received documents compliance admission committee of the institution conducts an interview with a foreign citizen (possibly online). In the case of a positive assessment of the interview the institution issues an invitation on the official form of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. After this no exams or interviews are conducted.
If the language training of the entrant is insufficient for further studies at the university, it is proposed to study at the pre-academic preparatory department for foreign citizens.
After receiving an invitation a foreign citizen comes to study and to enroll in an educational institution he/she has to submit the following documents:
- The original and the copy of the document that shows the previous education;
- The original and the copy of the document (annex to document on education), which contains information about his/her performance in various academic disciplines (with scores);
- A copy of a birth certificate;
- A medical certificate of health, certified by an official health authority of the country from which the foreigner has arrived, and issued no later than two months before leaving to study in Ukraine;
- A copy of the passport document of a foreigner or a document certifying a stateless person;
- A valid medical insurance (except for those foreigners who come from countries with which there are current agreements on free provision of emergency medical assistance);
- 6 photos of size 60 x 40 mm;
- A copy of the certificate of the foreign Ukrainians (if available).
Documents indicated in paragraphs 2-4 of this list must be translated into the Ukrainian language and this translation has to be notarized.
Documents must be certified in the country of their issuance in a manner that is officially used in this country for such a certificate, and legalized by the relevant foreign diplomatic institutions of Ukraine, unless otherwise stipulated by international treaties of Ukraine.